CRM App Overhaul
Overhauling a CRM
When I started on this project the reviews of the mobile app were at 1 star in the App Store and the Android version wasn't much better. Customers were really upset with how the app performed, iOS customers were especially unhappy with the look and feel of the app, and finally, the UX left something to be desired.
Start with Research
I first started tackling the project by doing some user research, which included ethnographic research and sitting down with our customer service team. By doing both I could see first hand some of the issues customers were having as they were having them, as well as, how they worked within their offices. In one case we met with a woman who had stacks of post-its and notebooks with information on her customers because it was easier to keep them on paper than to put them in the system. I had my hands full!
Then I broke down the applications into a sitemap and user flows.
I wanted to make sure as we redesigned the app that it would be straightforward and usable for our users. I created several wireframes in Omnigraffle and then used those wireframes in a PDF prototype. I then ran this through usability.
After all the research and exploration, I was ready to move into visual design. I based the visual design on the branding of the company using their brand orange as the highlight color throughout the application and then greys and black and white for everything else. The final designs are shown below.